These requirements are for the 2013-2014 academic year.
All recipients of the Illinois Student Assistance Monetary Award Program (ISAC MAP) must be able to provide verification of residency in the state of Illinois. The MAP application deadline for 2013-2014 is for students to complete their FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1, 2013. The above dates are subject to change by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission due to state of Illinois funding.
For MAP purposes, the parent of the dependent student must physically reside in Illinois, and Illinois must be their permanent home.
An independent student must have resided in Illinois for 12 continuous months prior to start of classes of the academic year the student is applying for the MAP grant to be considered an Illinois resident. For the 2013-2014 academic year, the student must have been an Illinois resident continuously from August 26, 2012 to August 26, 2013. Illinois must be their permanent home.
The following are examples of documents that may be collected for verification of Illinois residency. For an independent student, the documentation must indicate that the student resided in Illinois for the previous 12 continuous months.
- Parent's (or student's, if independent) valid state of Illinois income tax for the 2012 year;
- Illinois driver's license (Valid);
- Utility or rent bills in the parent's (or independent student's) name;
- Illinois auto registration card;
- Statement of benefits history from the Illinois Department of Public Aid;
- Residential lease in the parent's (or independent student's) name;
- Statement of benefits from the Illinois Department of Employment Security;
- State of Illinois identification card issued by the Secretary of State; or
- Illinois voter registration card.
With the exception of the 2012 Illinois taxes, all documentation needs to be issued before Aug. 26th, 2012 to be used for the Illinois residency requirement.