Steps For Transfer Students
Check out these helpful steps as you prepare for the transition from JJC to a four-year university or college.
- Learn all of your options: Decide which JJC program you will pursue. Consider enrolling in a GSD 100 College Success course.
- Decide upon a major: Access career planning resources ASAP and consider enrolling in a GSD 110 Career and Lifestyle Planning course.
- Access JJC Transfer Resources: Explore both campus based and online transfer resources.
- Select a transfer school: Attend college fairs, meet with visiting recruiters, visit campuses and explore college websites!
- Develop a plan: Continue to meet with JJC Counselors or Academic Advisors at least once a semester!
- Apply to schools: Visit transfer school websites for application information and deadlines. Plan to apply approximately one year in advance!
- Determine how you will pay for college: Secure financial aid and scholarships early! Endeavor to submit your FAFSA before March each year.
- Complete all required coursework: Obtain a degree audit to be sure you are on track! Discover how many more courses (including pre-requisites) are required in order to complete your intended degree. (Click here to print a helpful semester planning worksheet - example shown below.)
- Apply to graduate: Submit your application to graduate before the filing deadlines.
- Transfer: Contact JJC and tell us your story!
Also, for an overview of the entire transfer process please review iTransfer's helpful tips: