International students must obtain an International Students Packet from the Admissions Office, room A-1020 in the Campus Center. Call (815) 280-2883 or e-mail InternationalAdmission@jjc.edu for further information.
*This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Deadlines for Submission
- 2013 Spring Semester: October 1, 2012
- 2013 Fall Semester: June, 1, 2013
Failure to meet the deadline will result in the student not being able to attend JJC.
Steps to Apply for International Students:
- Complete the necessary paperwork for an I-20 form. Mail to Joliet Junior College, Office of Admissions/International Students, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431. The below items must be on file before the deadlines lisited above:
- Complete an International student admission application.
- Academic transcripts translated into English so that they can be evaluated. JJC only uses WES (World Education Services) or (ECE) Educational Credentials Evaluation.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score - must be an original copy and minimum scores accepted are 537 on paper-based test, 203 on computer-based test, or 74 on the internet-based test.
- Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months)
- I-94 (if applicant is currently in the USA).
- USCIS Form I-134 Affidavit of Support and supporting documentation
- International students must take the ACT COMPASS Placement Test for math and English placement.
- Receive an acceptance letter from the JJC Admissions Office. You may continue the admissions process before you receive this letter in the mail. Please go to the Next Steps page to continue the admissions process.
- Go to the ID / user name / password help page and obtain your JJC username and password.
- Attend a mandatory international orientation/registration session. To schedule a session call (815) 280-2883.
- Make full payment or apply for deferred payment online through the FACTS plan at eResources.
- Purchase your textbooks at the JJC Bookstore.
- Students with documented disabilities should contact Student Accommodations and Resources (STAR) to arrange accommodations.
- Visit the next steps page for more information concerning the registration process, counseling and advising, student housing, and more.