To encourage initiative and innovation at Joliet Junior College, the JJC Foundation has established the Awards for Excellence program. The JJC Foundation provides up to $30,000 annually (subject to the availability of funds) to fund individual grants ranging from $100 to $5,000 each for selected projects. These grants are to enable faculty, staff and students an extra margin of excellence by funding worthy projects, consistent with the mission of the college, for which funds are not available through usual college budgets.
All Joliet Junior College employees and students are eligible to submit applications for funding of suitable projects.
A committee consisting of Foundation Board Members and representatives of the College will review all applications and select individual projects to be recommended to the Foundation Board of Directors for funding approval. The College Board of Trustees will be advised of the projects approved for funding.
Applications will be objectively evaluated for selection on the basis of the following criteria:
- Consistency with the mission and strategic plan of Joliet Junior College;
- Lack of available funding through usual College channels;
- The degree of impact that the proposed project will have on the College or on a department of the college;
- The number of students affected by the proposed project;
- The amount of favorable publicity or exposure that the proposed project may generate for the College;
- The cost effectiveness of the proposed project;
- Any degree of urgency associated with the proposed project; and,
- Any other considerations that may affect the overall worthiness of the proposed project.
Download Previous Grant Distribution